Friday, October 7, 2011

My visit with Noah

Yesterday I went to Hobart to visit Lisa and Aaron and Noah. Noah has been in ICU since Saturday and Lisa and Aaron have not left his side since. Jay, Harri and Kobe had already been down on Sunday to visit with Lorraine and come home on Monday but now it was getting toward the end of the week again, they were all missing each other and since I was coming down yesterday , I was able to bring the boys down to spend time with Noah.

On the way down Kobe kept saying "I miss my Mummy". "We going to the hospital". I said, "oh sweetie I know you miss your Mummy, we all do". I knew I would crack it when I saw the boys see their parents. I could feel it rising up even before we hit the ICU doors. The closer we got, the more full of anticipation the boys were. When I saw the boys hugging Lisa and Aaron and SO excited to see them, I could not help but tear up seeing them altogether - there was some love in that place I tell ya. ;)

Lorraine had packed their bags and put in all these lovely cards for Noah from his school and other people. Sarra did a card for Noah but I forgot to take a photo of it. She put Hawka on the front, which I'm sure Aaron would approve of. She wrote how she hoped to see him at the bike centre where we recently got together and told him she hoped the Hawks would win next year.

Chels was also there and it was good to see her and have a lovely chat with her and Lisa together. And yes we even fitted in a few laughs.

The boys took me over to Ronald McDonald House to show me their room and all the games. I let Jay and Harri have races. One would take the stairs and one the elevator to see who was quicker back to the room. I would time then and they loved it. Except I think we may have been a bit noisy because when Aaron and Lisa came in - the lady at the desk asked if there was anyone with the boys. Eeek - sorry!!!

Lisa and I went back up to the hospital with Flynn to see Noah. They wouldn't let Flynn in to the ICU- obviously too cute - so a nurse looked after him while we went in.

It was SO good to see Noah. His skin is like velvet and feels so soft. He looks so peaceful. You can't help but feel you are in the presence of an amazing young man. It was such a privilege to be there with him. I didn't want to leave. I could have stayed there all night holding his hand and talking to him. It was like time stood still but then we heard Flynn cry out in the foyer and I reluctantly had to pull myself away.

The most beautiful part of the day was sitting there while the nurses quietly worked around him and sit back and watch Lisa and Noah together. There are no words to describe it. The love that I saw between the two of them was tangible, the quiet words that Lisa spoke to Noah, ones that made me smile like, 'Mr Noah, Simone is here to visit, stop snobbing her'. I loved watching Lisa caress and rub Noah's hand and talk to him and kiss his face. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever witnessed.

Thankyou beautiful boy for letting me sit with you for a bit and hold your hand and talk to you. I didn't want to leave but Flynn was getting jealous. :) I love you very much and your Mummy and Daddy and brothers too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making me cry, Simone!

Ever since I first met the Kings, that's one thing that I've always always always noticed about Lisa and Noah. They have a very special bond. Lisa is an incredible mother, and ordinarily I'd say something cheeky like "don't tell her I said that, though", but you can shout it from the rooftops. What a woman!

Can't wait to see Noah when I go down this weekend. I miss him so much!

Kylie's blog said...

Beautiful post Simone.

the woodwards said...

you are a good woman Simone... It's must be because you hang around people called "lisa" !!!!
Can't wait to see Noah and Flynn soon!!!!

The Jacks said...

Beautiful post Simone, made me cry. I love Lisa and Noah's connection it is just magical.
Thanks for letting me feel like I was visiting too.
Lisa is lucky to have you (and you, her) xxx

The Kings said...

Love you Simone xxx

Chelsea Parsons said...

darn. loved that so much.

Nettie's Blog said...

a special little man had a way of bringing special people together...thats our beautiful Noah...