Friday, April 4, 2008

Lamentations of a slacker

My latest excuse for not posting is I have lost my camera charger. Arrgh!! I have these amazing shots on my camera cos we all know what a fantastic photographer I am and I can't post them. I have done the whole retrace your steps from when you last used it but the thing has just puffed into thin air. So what to do!! Hmm i spose I can post some old photos but that would be a bit boring.

Hang on, here are some shots of Oliver's birthday cake that I did not put on because I thought you would all be jealous of the cake I made and want to copy it. See the whole visual effect of not even taking it out of the tin. Maybe you could add that to Recipe Monday Tone. Thankgoodness my kids are not old enough yet to be embarrassed by my non cake making abilities.



5 comments:

The Kings said...

LOL You are so funny Simone! Thanks for the post and the laugh. I'm sure Oliver loved his cake, despite it still being in the tin :)

Aimee said...

Simone, you're such a crack up. I'm laughing out loud! I'm fully with you about the whole non cake making abilities (although I thought your cake looked great and SO yummy). Eli's birthday is soon and I'm thinking maybe icecream cake...surely I can't stuff that up!

Stephannie said...

I'm sure that Oliver would agree with me that it does not matter what the cake looks like as long as it is chocolate (not that I am saying that there is anything wrong with how the cake looks).
I have a card reader that you can borrow, it wont solve the problem of you not being able to take and post any more amazing photos but at least we can see the ones that are on there ready and waiting.

Chelsea Parsons said...

I thought you were busy and thats why you haevnt posted! How much is a new recharger? I miss you!!! How's the house coming along?

Country/City Boy said...

I'd be happy with a cake like that, tin and all. Saves more cleaning up. haha