Friday, November 2, 2007

Tonsilitis

Oliver has had a roaring temperature since Wed and last night it peaked at 40.4. I was worried that I would have to take him into the hospital as his little heart was thumping along so fast and our nurses are on strike so I was not wanting to really go in unless it was really necessary, but I got it down to 38.5 which is still high but manageable. His breathing was quite laboured and he was very snuffly and irritable. The stuffiness made him snore like a trooper. It sounded really funny and he has been sleeping with his mouth wide open to compensate.

Today I took him to the doctor and he has tonsilitis. I have never seen him so listless and tired. Its quite peaceful actually. I have heaps of drugs to dose him with and the doctor will do a check-up in seven days. I have had 3 sleepless nights in a row now and had forgotten how awful being up every hour or so in the night was. Sorry pregnant readers!

2 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh poor Oliver. He looks terrible. Hope he feels better soon.

Chelsea Parsons said...

Everything ok Simone??? Been worried that you havent posted for a while. Has Oliver gotten better???? Miss you!