Thursday, September 13, 2007

Yummy Mummys

There is something in the water at Deloraine. Everyone is pregnant. It is a mini phenomenon. Luckily I am on Westbury water. Everyone in my young Mum's group is pregnant or has just had a baby. Here we have Katherine due in December, Mel due in February, Toni with 6 week old Lil, Emma due in November and Louise with 4 mth old Will. Thankgoodness I am behind the camera - what they have may be contagious. (giggle). Missing is Natasha who is due in January. See what I mean?? I am the odd one out, the wise veteran I call myself - yeah right!!

Today we had our Mums group from church meet together. We usually meet on the second Thursday of every month. We each take a turn at hosting and this month we met at Katherine's. The kids had an absolute ball. Katherine keeps saying her house is turning into a playground because they have a swing set up hanging from the ceiling, a ballpit with a slide and a material tunnel that the kids can crawl through. Luckily they have a big house so that there is plenty of room to run around.
Charna on the slide

Oscar posing for me


This is Will and Lil's debut at our Yummy Mummys' group. A big welcome to these two little cuties

Oliver loves Gabriel's swing - I wonder when Gabriel gets a turn

Sarrra is at Oma's with her cousin Aneika and Hallie is at Lilly's house. Thanks for the break guys. It has been a lovely treat just me and Oliver. This morning we watched cartoons together in bed until 8.45am. AND the house has stayed clean.

We have a full-on couple of days lined up. I have totally booked us out until Simon returns next Wednesday.

Tonight Oliver and I are sleeping in at Nanny's house. Nanny is in Sydney and basketball is at 8.15pm so it is just easier to stay in at her house and hang out with Collette. Tomorrow I will pick Hallie up from Lilly's and then we are having a slumber party and bingo night at Mel's place.

It will be so fun to hang out in our pjs, eat junk food and have a girls night. Quite a few ladies are coming for the bingo night but only a few are adventurous enough to sleep over. Not much sleep will be happening. It reminds me of the sleepovers I had when I was young and how much fun they were. I don't know how Saturday will go because when we leave Mel's on Saturday morning (after pancakes) we are coming into Launceston for an Aerobothon at the gym. FIVE HOURS worth. Hmm we will see how long we last. My gym bud will be there to motivate me and you can bring a friend for free so Collette is coming too.

On Saturday we have an Awards dinner at church and then Sunday after church we are going to Jalen's baptism and then Lillys 4th birthday party and THEN we are going to Bridport with Collette until Wednesday. Collette bought a house there when she got her teaching position at Scottsdale Primary so I am hoping the weather is really nice. Wow then there are only 4 days til the end of the school holidays.



No comments: