Thursday, September 27, 2007

Church Enrichment Meeting

Last night we had our Relief Society Enrichment meeting. Kit and Phyllis centred it around Noah's Ark. As we all know in this day and age we are repeatedly being told to prepare for times of crisis and last night was no exception. As a Relief Society Presidency we are strongly pushing this all year. I have always felt strongly about this area and my milk cupboard below has been a bit of a laugh around our ward and when friends come over to visit.

It is not actually a cupboard but a doorway that I have blocked off on the other side with a book shelf. It has left this small space between the door and the back of the bookcase which I thought was perfect to store our milk. Obviously you can tell I don't like powdered milk. But store what you eat right!


I put together a 72 hr pack for a display.
It was a wonderful evening that we hope has really motivated everyone who attended to work on making sure they are temporally prepared with all the basic foods for when there comes a time we may need to rely on our storage to keep our families fed and nourished.

For a full rundown on the night click here.

Thanks to Jackie and Leah (some of our adorable Young Women) who looked after my kids in the nursery room during the night.

After cleaning up, it was about 10pm by the time we got home so I let the kids sleep in until 8am this morning, making it a mad scramble to get Sarra off to school.

No comments: