Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Baptist Bonanza


On Saturday night Collette had her basketball grand final with the Baptist League down at the Elphin Sports Centre. Mum, Lisa and I went to watch. Aunty Jasmin looked after Oliver and the girls played at Jayme and Emily's house. Sam Horsman's game was first and what a nail-biter that was. We got there in the dying minutes and his team won by only three points.

Next was Collette's team, UCLA (I have no idea what that stands for) and you know what I can't remember the score except that Collette's team won. Brad Whitchurch played next but I had to leave halfway through to get the kids. At that stage Brad's team was losing but by the end of the game they had narrowly beaten the other side. So a trifecta of wins for everyone.

The Baptist league is a much better league than the YMCA. First of all they play by ALL the rules, the three second rule and backcourt. It courts are full length whereas the YMCA's courts are only three quarters as long and in the Baptist league you have proper training and coaches... something that wouldn't go astray with me.

But for the moment I am enjoying our ladies social roster at the 'Y' so I will plod along there and hopefully improve one day. I did get a three pointer two weeks ago but sadly that is the first and only time I will ever get one of those - a fluke pretty much sums that up.

The pre-match huddle


Some action shots.... I needed Lisa here to do a better job with the photography


Guarding the key

Holding up her grandfinal trophy

Grand final winners

1 comment:

The Kings said...

Congratulations to Collette! You are doing fine with the photos Simone - the new camera is working well! :)