Sunday, September 16, 2007

Baptisms and birthdays

The King family (photo courtesy of Lisa's blog)
This afternoon after church we went into Launceston for Jalen's baptism. Sarra was very excited for him and kept talking about when she is going to be baptised. It is still 16 mths away but good to "get ready now" according to Sarra.

It was a beautiful baptism and I especially liked the talks from Jalen's grandma, Lorraine and his Uncle Jared. They were really from the heart and you could tell they love Jalen very much.

I think my gym bud held everything together quite nicely. She is very multi -tasked that one. She was even able to play the organ during the Primary item with Harri by her side trying to get her attention. It did look kinda cute.

My favourite part of the baptism was seeing the Primary sing two songs and Noah take part as well sitting up the front in his wheelchair. I'm sure he was helping conduct.

Congratulations Jalen on your very special day and hats off to your Mum and Dad for raising a wonderful young man.

The King/Triffitt clan
After Jalen's baptism, we went to Tammy's house to celebrate Lilly's 4th birthday. The kids always have such a wonderful time. I like that there is heaps of birthdays because it gives us all a chance to catch up.

Lilly had a wonderful pink birthday cake in the shape of a four. It was homemade and the recipe came from Jason's grandmother. A really nice buttercake - yumo.



Oliver after eating a piece of cake - he did not use his hands but bent over and ate the whole piece with just his mouth - what a crackup.

Move over Harry Potter - your replacement is here


Oliver trying on Lilly's grandpa's hat
It is a ritual when we come over to Tammy and Jason's for tea that we bring the pjs and our kids have a bath with Katie and Lilly. At the moment Jason is doing up their bathroom and all the skirting boards were up so we couldn't use the bath. Sarra and Oliver were able to have showers but with Hallie's cast not able to get wet, Tammy had this ingenious idea to put a tub in the bath for Hallie. She loved it and then Oliver wanted a go.


Tomorrow morning we are off to Bridport until Wednesday so fingers crossed the weather is nice for the kids to play at the beach.

I have decided this week to try and go for a whole week without chocolate. Those who know me will think that this is an impossible goal but I want you to check up on me to make sure I am keeping my word. There is no reason for doing this other than I want to see if I can do it.

I never go a day without chocolate in one form or another (which probably explains why I need to go to the gym everyday) so I want to see if I am strong-willed enough to follow through and achieve it.

1 comment:

The Kings said...

A week without chocolate!?!?!?!? Are you mad Simone!?!? ha ha Have a great time at Bridport. Looking forward to getting back into the gym with you next week.