Monday, August 13, 2007

Quilting classes


This morning I attended my quilting class in Deloraine. For those of you who know me, yes it is a miracle that I am even associating myself with needle and thread but over time with the patience of our teachers Vicki and Phyllis, I will get there and then be proud to show you the finished product.

We usually have about five to seven ladies meet at our church and it is thoroughly enjoyable to sit around our tables and quilt away. One day I am going to pass my talents (yes they will come) onto my girls so they don't end up like me, muddling around in their mid-thirties trying to perfect a quilter's knot.

I have a really good friend that I went to university with, Simone Wilson and she will laugh reading this post. She is very talented at whatever she does (yes one of those kind of annoying friends - he,he). She even made her own wedding dress (yes one of those kind of sewers) so I know she would be very proud of me getting in and having a go here. I may even surprise myself and buy a sewing machine.


This is Louise's lovely quilt
Mel hard at work on the sewing machine. Her quilt is shown below with some brilliant colours that remind me of Autumn. Thankgoodness we are at the other end of winter.

Sue also hard at work doing some cutting out - the longest and most boring part I reckon.
Emma has started on her visoflex work - see it sounds like I know what I am talking about.
Doreen has decided to learn a colonial knot for the end of her flower stems. I'll get there one day too. At the moment I think I will just stick with hearts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cant beleive it....you go girl !!!!....you have progressed well from the cutting and tucking at Nindathana last year to the patchwork sewing ...i am proud of you...I have to see it when it is finished....love ya Clarkie XXXX