Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bread sticks and Blogs

Yesterday I spent a very lovely day at Jackie and Mel's house. Jackie is famous at church for her home-made bread sticks and so she agreed to show me how to make them. In return I said I would help her set up a blog. So after toddler music Hallie, Oliver and I set off to Weegeena for a day of eating and chatting.

Weegeena is a beautiful part of Deloraine. As you drive along Weegeena Road up and down the rolling hills, a patchwork of green paddocks greet you at every turn. The views across to the Gog are magnificent. It was a laugh - Jackie showing me how to make the bread sticks. We decided to eat what we made for lunch, which I thought might not be a good idea if they didn't turn out. But even though they did not look as good or rise as well as Jackie's, they passed the taste test.

Deidre came over too and with Mel's wonderful chicken salad with mandarins, almonds and grapes (it was divine), we had a wonderful day.


This is all that is left before I remembered that I should take a photo of the finished product!
Later in the day I went to pick Sarra up from school and Simon from work and we came back for tea. We had Moroccan Lamb, herb rice and a wonderful peach crumble for dessert. The kids had a wonderful time playing with Jackson, Charna and Kealin. Simon is going away for a month to do a Search and Rescue course so we are planning a slumber party here - it is going to be so much fun.

No comments: